Terms & Conditions
§ 1 Scope and Vendors
§ 2 Conclusion of Contracts
§ 2.1 The product descriptions in the online shop serve to facilitate the issuance of purchase offers. By clicking the button [Buy/Place Order], you are issuing a binding purchase offer. Our products are sold for both private and commercial use.
§ 2.2 We can accept your order by sending a separate order confirmation by e-mail or by delivering the product within two days. Confirmation that we have received the order will be sent by automated e-mail immediately after the order is placed and does not in and of itself constitute acceptance of the offer to contract.
§ 3 Prices
§ 4 Shipping costs
§ 4.1 If dispatch via a forwarding agent is necessary, the dispatch and packaging costs will be claimed on the order confirmation depending on the expenditure.
§ 4.2 Any disposal costs incurred shall be invoiced separately.
§ 5 Terms of Delivery and Reservation of Adequate Supply
§ 5.1 Delivery shall be made within Germany via GLS, Transoflex or forwarding agencies.
§ 5.2 The delivery period shall be 2-5 days unless otherwise indicated in the offer.
§ 5.3 If delivery of the merchandise fails due to your negligence despite three delivery attempts, we may rescind this agreement. Any payments which were made will be refunded to you without delay.
§ 5.4 If the ordered product is not available because our suppliers have failed to supply us with the product in question, through no fault of our own, we may rescind the agreement. In this case, we will notify you without delay and recommend delivery of a comparable product, if available. If no comparable product is available or if you decide against delivery of a comparable product, we will reimburse you without delay for any consideration you may have already paid.
§ 6 Terms of Payment
§ 6.1 At your option, payment may be made in advance or by direct debit.
§ 6.2 If you select payment in advance as your payment option, we will specify our bank information in the order confirmation. The invoice amount is to be transferred to our account within 10 days. If payment is made by credit card, your account will be charged when the merchandise is shipped.
§ 6.3 If you default on your payment, interest will be charged on the purchase price at a rate of 5% above the basic interest rate for the period of default. We reserve the right to demonstrate and assert higher default damages.
§ 6.4 In case of payment by direct debit, you may have to bear the costs which arise when a payment transaction is reversed for insufficient funds or due to your transmission of incorrect banking information.
§ 7 Reservation of Ownership
§ 8 Right of Revocation
§ 8.1 The right of revocation does not apply to commercial customers.
Right of Revocation
You have the right to revoke this agreement within fourteen days without citing grounds.
Consequences of Revocation
§ 8.2 The right of revocation shall not exist for the delivery of merchandise which is not prefabricated and whose assembly depends on an individual choice or determination by the customer or which is clearly customized to meet the personal needs of the consumer, or for the delivery of merchandise which is perishable or whose expiration date is rapidly approaching, which is not suitable for return for health or hygienic reasons, if the seal was removed after delivery and the merchandise was inextricably mixed with other merchandise after delivery based on its properties, or for the delivery of audio or video recordings or computer software in sealed packaging, if the seal was removed after delivery.
§ 8.3 Please try to prevent damages and stains. Please return the merchandise to us in the original packaging, if possible, with all accessories and all packaging components. Use protective outer packaging if necessary. If you are no longer in possession of the original packaging, please use suitable packaging to ensure adequate protection from damages in transit so as to avoid damage claims in connection with damages resulting from defective packaging.
§ 8.4 Please note that the modes specified in § 8.3 above are not a prerequisite for valid exercise of the right of revocation.
§ 9 Damages in Transit
§ 9.1 If goods are delivered which were clearly damaged in transit, please make an immediate complaint about such errors to the shipper and please contact us as soon as possible (BMZ Batterien-Montage-Zentrum GmbH, Zeche Gustav 1, 63791 Karlstein, Phone: 06188 9956-9830, Fax: 06188 9956-699, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
§ 9.2 Failing to make a complaint or contact us has no consequences whatsoever for your statutory warranty rights. However, they will help us assert our own claims against the carrier and/or the insurer.
§ 10 Warranty
10.1. Statutory warranty rights shall apply for the merchandise offered in our shop.
10.2. At variance from the above, the following shall apply if you are an entrepreneur:
- The characteristics of the object shall be defined only by our own statements and the manufacturer's product description, not by other advertising, public praise and statements by the manufacturer.
- The customer shall be required to inspect the goods after receipt pursuant to the requirements of § 377 of the Commercial Code and provide notice of defects without delay. The notice period for obvious defects is 8 days and the notice period for hidden defects is 14 days from receipt of the goods by the customer.
- In case of defects, we will satisfy our warranty through rectification of the defects or subsequent delivery, at your option. If the rectification of defects fails, you have the option of requesting reduction of the purchase price or rescinding the agreement. The rectification of defects shall be deemed to have failed after the second unsuccessful attempt, unless another conclusion is evident e.g. from the nature of the object or defect or from other circumstances. In case of the rectification of defects, we are not required to bear the higher costs arising from transportation of the merchandise to a place other than the place of performance unless such transportation conforms to proper use of the merchandise.
- Damage claims by the customer based on material defects or other grounds shall be excluded unless they are based on intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty on the part of the user or on the part of the user's legal representatives or vicarious agents. The above provisions shall not involve modification of the burden of proof to the detriment of the customer. This shall not apply for the breach of cardinal duties, i.e. duties whose fulfillment enables due performance of the agreement in the first place and upon whose fulfillment the contracting party may and routinely does rely.
- Damage claims based on intentional or grossly negligent breach of material contractual duties shall be limited to typical and foreseeable damages.
- Claims for subsequent performance and rectification of defects shall become time-barred in 12 months. The limitation period shall commence upon receipt of the goods by the customer. The same shall apply for rescission and reduction.
- The limitation period for damage claims shall be one year from delivery of the goods except in cases where one of the exceptions cited under d) and e) above applies or the Product Liability Act applies.
§ 11 Recycling for lithium-ion batteries
§ 11.1 Used batteries shall be taken back in accordance with the statutory provisions against payment of the costs incurred, unless otherwise agreed between us and the customer. Information on the handling of the disposal process in accordance with SV 376 ADR can be found under the following link: https://bmz-group.com/index.php/en/bmz-service/recycling-en
§ 12 Final Provisions
12.1 If a provision of these General Terms and Conditions of Business is invalid, the agreement as a whole shall remain in effect. The applicable statutory provisions shall apply in place of the invalid provision.
12.2 In cases where the customer is a merchant, the sole place of jurisdiction shall be the District Court of Frankfurt.
12.3 German substantive law shall apply for legal relationships in connection with this agreement, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG).