FAQ´s BMZ Energy Storage & Online-Shop
You need help and you are searching for information?
1. Which inverters are the BMZ ESS 7.0/9.0/X energy storage systems compatible with?
Answer: ESS 7.0/9.0/X are compatible with the following inverters:
- SMA Solar: Sunny Island 3.0M/4.4M/6.0H/8.0H
- Victron Energy: Multiplus, Multigrid, Quattro, Easysolar ( 48V)
- Delios: DLS 600/DLS 450/DLS300/DLS C
2. May I extend or shorten the cables of the BMZ ESS 7.0/9.0/X energy storage devices?
Answer: No. ESS 7.0/9.0/X comes with 2m DC connection cables. These cables must not be changed. If several energy storage devices or several inverters are connected in parallel, a bat-breaker box must be used (see operating instructions).
3. Why isn’t the entire nominal capacity of the energy storage of BMZ ESS 7.0/9.0/X usable for the operator?
Answer: BMZ has installed capacity reserves to protect the battery from overvoltage and undervoltage and to ensure the long life of the battery system. This is a quality feature of the BMZ energy storage devices.
4. How often can I charge/discharge the ESS system? How many charging cycles does BMZ guarantee? What is the product’s lifetime?
Answer: BMZ guarantees 5000 charging/discharging cycles and a product lifetime of up to 20 years. Partial cycles are added up to full cycles.
5. How does BMZ’s ESS differ from competitors’ devices?
Answer: It is one of the most powerful battery systems on the market which can be flexibly expanded.
6. Are there subsidies that I can apply for? Where do I apply?
Answer: Yes. Ask your banking institution about KfW-Programme 275 subsidies for energy storage systems.
7. Which warranties does BMZ provide?
Answer: You receive 2 years legal warranty on your storage system and a 10 year market value replacement warranty on cycle stability (5000) and guaranteed residual capacity of at least 60%.
8. What is the power output and capacity of BMZ’s ESS storage systems?
Answer: Each module is capable of 16kWh. Up to 12 modules can be clustered for a total output of 102kWh.
9. How much do I pay for a one stored kWh in relation to my purchase price?
Answer: One stored kWh is less than 25 cents.
10. Can I extend my battery capacity even after years?
Answer: BMZ recommends to expand within one year.
11. Can the system be used as stand-alone and/or a back-up (emergency power system)?
Answer: Yes, with the respective converter.
12. Is the ESS system suitable for both, new and existing systems?
Answer: The system can be integrated into both, existing and new installations.
13. How complex is the installation?
Answer: Depending on the system version, installation will take only a few hours (DC/AC).
14. What happens to the battery at the end of use?
Answer: The battery needs to be recycled.
15. Is the ESS battery technology safe?
Answer: BMZ ESS systems are protected by multiple safety levels for maximum safety.
16. Is the ESS battery system "smart home ready"?
Answer: Yes, the system is ready and offers all possibilities via CAN-communication.
17. What happens in case of a complaint or service case?
Answer: BMZ will assist you with its own service network. Central Service is one of Europe's largest service centers for battery systems. If you have any questions about our service or a complaint, you can contact us any time via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org